I don’t know about where you live, but here in Michigan, summer is short. Not only did June mean the lifting of some of the COVID-19 restrictions, but it brought with it some of the nicest weather we’ve had to date. The sunshine has a way of soothing our weary souls from our tough March, April and May. Additionally, June also brought lots of change. Most importantly it has changed the way in which I can connect with you and bring you my designs. You see, I had shows scheduled from May – September this year, and my travels were going to take me throughout my home state of Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. Due to our pandemic, shows are cancelling through July, as well as into August.
This begs the question: What does this mean for Daisy Chains Jewelry?
I’ll be honest, I’m not totally sure! Don’t worry, I’m not going away. However, giving my business model a facelift is a priority. Until now, around 75-80% of my business was built around Fine Art Shows. With 60% of my shows currently cancelled, it is necessary to make some changes.
Here are my current plans:
1) Continue doing monthly Facebook Events. The Facebook events are the fastest way for me to show you what is new in the DCJ world. I’ve received positive feedback on the events that I’ve held so far. They are fast-paced, fun and best of all you can shop as you are. (COVID hair? Don’t care!) I may tweak these along the way, but they (for the near future) aren’t going anywhere. (Psst! Next one is June 30th, save the date!)
2) I’m still creating custom pieces. If you are looking for a stone that you haven’t seen in a while, call me! Text, DM, contact me on social. Everything is a balancing act. As much as I’d love to play with every piece of my stone stash, there is only so much time in my day. Seriously, I make custom pieces all the time. It’s no trouble, I’d love to work with you.
3) Yellow Door Art Market, Dancing Eye Gallery and Apogee are OPEN! Don’t forget I stock these stores in Michigan! When you can’t find something on my website, please support these fine gift shops. This pandemic has made an impact on many small businesses, and we like to spread the love.
4) I’m updating daisychainsjewelry.com EVERY WEEK. You’ve probably noticed quite a few new items on my website lately. That’s the plan from here on out. Not to mention, as we move to more online sales, your feedback is important. Message me your thoughts at any time. For instance, I’m implementing feedback by adding photographs of jewelry on a real person to show scale. While that is a start, I’m sure that there are other ways that I can improve your shopping experience. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.
5) I’m having a Birthday! I’ve got something up my sleeve to celebrate adding one more candle to the cake. Make sure you are following me on social media to get in on the action, because I’ll start dropping hints soon!
That covers June Happenings at Daisy Chains Jewelry for now. While it’s discouraging for shows to cancel, I’m happy spending lots of time with my family and our new puppy. The downside is that I miss you all terribly!
Be well my friends, and stay safe.